Sunday, March 5, 2017

Post #4: Salted Caramel Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies

This week I decided to attempt something a little bit different, baking! When I came across this pin I instantly knew I wanted to try these cookies.

When baking you usually don't have all of the ingredients laying around the house so I always have to make a trip to the store. My favorite place to get my "supplies" for my baking experience is at Dillons at the corner of 21st and Fairlawn in Topeka.

For this project I have decided to present the procedure through a slide show presentation.

Step details, listed below;

Step 1: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Step 2: Using a mixer, cream butter and sugars together for about 3 minutes. Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
Step 3: With the mixer on low, slowly add in the dry ingredients. Stir in the choc. chips and chopped pretzels.
Step 3: Part 2?: This is when we realized we forgot to add the brown sugar in step 2 so we took a risk and added it in to the already mixed batter.
Step 4: Form the cookie dough into balls. Place a caramel piece in the center of the dough ball, making sure the cookie dough completely covers the caramel. Place on parchment lined baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Gently press a pretzel twist on top of each cookie and sprinkle sea salt on each cookie.
Step 5: Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes (we waited 15 minutes) at 350 degrees, Remove from oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes (we attempted to remove them after 3 minutes but waited about 5 instead because the caramel wasn't cool yet).

This project has been one of the more fun experiences I have had simply because I got to do it with my friends. As we started the project I had a lot of doubts because I have always failed at every attempt I've made at baking. Then we forgot to add the brown sugar and I knew that there was no way this was going to turn out okay. But to my disbelief the cookies turned out much better than expected. We still ran into a few problems but I only spent $18 and the cookies tasted good so I had to officially deem this pin as........
Pinterest-ing!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! Those look so GOOD! Im sure that flavor combination was amazing. Great job on the map and I like the slide presentation. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete