Thursday, March 9, 2017

Post #5: Lavonte (SLIME!)

While procrastination has become a major factor in my second semester of college, I find my self scrolling through the pages of Pinterest more and more. When I came across a pin about homemade slime, I didn't think much about it. Then after a night of well needed sleep I got back on my Pinterest and saw the same pin again, but this time the kid inside of me bubbled over and my mind was made up! I was going to make glittery slime!

This project is much more simple and less time consuming than any pin I have put to the test before. It only requires 5 simple ingredients.
    Water
    Borax
    Food Coloring
    Glitter
    Elmer's Glue
To start I simply emptied an entire tube of Elmer's Glue (4 oz) in a bowl.
 Then I poured 1/2 a cup of water and mixed the two completely.
 The fun parts began when I added the food coloring and glitter. Three to four drops of blue food coloring gave the mixture the exact color I was hoping for. The glitter on the other hand, 1 Tbsp. of glitter was more than enough to give the slime the sparkle it needed.
 
 After mixing in the food coloring and glitter completely, I combined 1/2 a tsp of borax and 1/4 c. of hot water and mixed until it was dissolved. When the water was clear I added it to the glue mixture and began stirring.  
 The mixture quickly began to form until a glob of gooey-ness.
 After a minute or two of "working"/kneading the slime it became more pliable and less wet.
 Reilly Peuser absolutely loved this pin project. She went on to naming the slime "Lavonte".

I was not originally planning on testing a pin like this but with slime's growing popularity I just couldn't pass up the offer.
"Lavonte" has the honor of being on the Good List!


No comments:

Post a Comment