Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Post #8: Watercolor Mug

Cheap mugs and nail polish, who doesn't love that combination? I recently came across a new DIY that I've only seen used on actual fingernails. But in this pin we replace the nails with a cheap white mug from target ($1.99)!! For this pin, the only thing you really need is water, a mug, and nail polish. I think that is what made this project so attractive, the simplicity of it.
Supplies:
  • Mug
  • Plastic Tub for water
  • Nail Polish
  • Kleenex or Paper Towel to let dry
This project really only takes a few minutes to do, really because if you don't move fast, there is a possibility of the nail polish creating a "hard" film on the water. So the first step is to add a few drops of the nail polish of your choice to the water.
After the nail polish has expanded in the water, dip the mug into the water and let dry.
 
 
So, I thought I was done. Then my friends encouraged me to add another color to it to make it look even more unique so I cleaned the water and added a few drops of a different nail polish to the water.
I repeated the step of dipping the mug in the water and letting it dry.
The end result was definitely not what I was expected, it reminded me vaguely of a piece of art a kindergartener might construct if they find their mother's nail polish in the cabinet. But I think that effect only occurred because I added the second color instead of just sticking to the green polish.
 
Before I added the second color, I was going to let this mug reside on the Good List. But after careful consideration I must move it to the Pinterest-ing List. 

No comments:

Post a Comment