Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Post #7: Travel Journal

This post is completely created due to the fact that I will be traveling to Paris in three days!! Throughout my childhood I have traveled to many places around the United States. But this time, I get the opportunity to see something I've never seen or experienced before, an entirely different country.
I would like to give full disclosure, this is not a DIY pin from Pinterest, just a project simply inspired by a multitude of pins. A travel journal is simply a journal where you can write/collect your thoughts from the day while discovering a new place. The most fun part about a travel journal is the fact that it is totally customizable to each person's personality.
The list of supplies for this project was not very extensive and as a whole, relatively cheap ($15).
  • Notebook
  • Stickers
  • Scrapbook Paper
First I wanted to start on the cover of my notebook. I cut out a piece of scrapbook paper to fit the dimensions of the front cover.
 
Initially I planned on using mod podge to adhere the paper the cover, but soon realized that the material used for the cover would be too slippery to the paper to really stick. I made the decision to use tape to stick the paper on giving it a laminated effect. After the paper was all taped I added a sticker that said "adventure".
 
Once I flipped over the cover I decided it needed a little something on the inside too. I added letter stickers to spell out "Oh the places you'll go" from the classic Dr. Seuss children's book.
Another main section I wanted to customize was the folder pages in the middle of the notebook. This will be used to store, tickets, brochures, cards, and other miscellaneous things I get in Paris. I used the map print scrapbook paper to cover the yellow folder pages. Once again I used the faux laminated approach to stick the paper to the folder page.
 
 
For the pages with actual lines on them I simply added different and random stickers to the outside edge of the pages and left room for writing. I made sure to customize the first few pages of the journal to a Paris theme considered that will be the first place that the notebook will be used.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This was a very fun project for me, it made me even more excited for my trip to Paris. I hope this will inspire some of you to make a travel journal someday, that you can keep and read for a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment