Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Post #6: Earphone Holder

As I start my journey of packing for my upcoming trip out of the country, I am scrolling through Pinterest more and more for interesting travel hacks. I have been on one trip that the plane ride lasted over 7 hours, and I realized very quickly that my headphones were an essential part in that journey. So when I came across this pin I knew I had to try it, because my headphones always end up at the very bottom of my purse and tied in a knot! This solution will be great for my approaching trip. In the pin, it seems very user friendly and easy to do that's why I was so optimistic about doing it.
Fortunately, this pin required very few supplies (I found all of them around my house).
  • Mint container
  • Scissors
  • Something to trace the circles with
  • Mod Podge
  • Sponge Brush
  • Scrapbook paper 
We start this procedure by peeling off the front and back labels of the mint container.
 
 
 
Then, we find something that is approximately the same size as the container to trace. The mistake I made here, was I found a water bottle that was bigger than the opening flap of the mint container. So in later steps I had to trim down the edges of the circles.
 
 
After the circles were cut, we add a small amount of mod podge to the back of the scrapbook paper and place the cutouts onto the mint container and let dry.
 
 
Once the paper feels dry, add another layer of mod podge on top of the paper to seal it to the mint container and let dry. Just like that we have a cute little earphone holder.
 
 
(Result from having to trim the edges of the paper, making it look like a really bad circle.)

There were many mess-ups that resulted from this project. I needed a smaller thing to trace my circles with. My headphones did not fit in the container very comfortably. The biggest fail, the paper started to come up just days after letting it dry. Although these mistakes could have been prevented, I still did not get the results I was hoping for, therefore this pin officially goes on the BAD LIST.

No comments:

Post a Comment