Thursday, March 30, 2017

Post #9: A Wreath for Spring

Here in Kansas the season of Spring can be described several different ways; tornado season, 40 degree weather, 90 degree weather, windy, stormy, dry, wet. Point is you never really know what kind of weather will come throughout the day. So I figured I make the most of the unexpected and create a (nice) spring inspired wreath. The pin that inspired me to make this of course looks much better, but I did try to stick with the bright colors of spring the best I could! The supplies I used only totaled up to $16 at hobby lobby, they are currently having a sale of 50% all flowers.
Supplies:
  • Flowers of choice
  • Wooden Wreath
  • Hot Glue Gun
  • Glue Sticks (just in case)
  • Burlap
Thankfully for this project I had help from my best friend Courtney Holthaus who has made a wreath before so she showed me the ropes pretty well. We first started by taking the yellow flowers off of the stems.
Then we began places flowers around the wreath to find the perfect layout. Once we got the blue flowers in place we began to hot glue the stem in place. We ran into a problem, the glue would fall straight throw the wreath and wouldn't keep the stem on the wood. So we decided to flip the wreath upside down and pump as much glue as possible through the wood. That method actually ended up working very well, so we stuck with it.
 
 
After finally figuring out the best method to apply the decorations/flowers we added the yellow flowers and some leaves to finish up the spring look we were going for.
 
For this wreath I really wanted to add a burlap bow somewhere on it. Fortunately, Courtney knew exactly how to make one. She simply layered the fabric, gathered it in the middle and tied a ponytail around the center. Then we added a thin strip of burlap around the ponytail so we couldn't see the black of the ponytail.
 
 
For the finishing touch we glued the bow at an angle onto the wreath.
 
 
We decided the best place for a new spring wreath would be on the front door of course!
 
I am very happy with how the wreath turned out. When we began making it I thought that it was going to be much harder to make it. Now that I have made one wreath I am excited to keep making more and more for various seasons. This time it is a very easy decision to put this spring time wreath of the Good List!

1 comment:

  1. I love the flowers that we can put on ourselves. They are so beautiful. I like the white frame outside your every photos. It makes the photos distinct. And I also like the background color, which is so soft。
    When you edit the steps, if you make it into different steps or make some space between different steps, it may be clearer to show the process. :)

    ReplyDelete